What We Believe
These beliefs form the core foundation for our ministry. We believe:
- That the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, completely trustworthy, fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, and the only infallible truth; containing everything we need God to tell us for salvation, trusting Him, and obeying Him perfectly.
- There is only one living and true God, eternally existing in three persons - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; equal in every divine perfection, and executing distinct and harmonious offices in the great work of redemption.
- That man was created in holiness, under the law of his Creator; voluntarily sinned, resulting in both physical and spiritual death, which is separation from God; by choice, all mankind is void of the holiness required by the law of God, positively inclined to evil; and therefore stand guilty before God, without defense or excuse.
- That the salvation of sinners is by grace alone, through the sinless life, substitutionary death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; who in personal obedience to the Father made a full atonement for our sins;
- That sanctification is the continual process by which, we are made partakers of God’s holiness; that it is a progressive work; that it is begun in regeneration; and that it is carried on in the hearts of believers by the presence and power of the Holy Spirit, especially through the Word of God, self-examination, self-denial, watchfulness, and prayer.
- That discipleship is the process of spurring others on toward imitation of the perfect life of Christ and is motivated by our love for God and each other; that through the local church we are to make disciples among all nations by teaching, correcting and modeling Christ in mutual love and humility.